The safety and health of our community is always a top priority for us. In consideration with the ever-growing global concerns around the COVID-19 (coronavirus), we wanted to share with you that we are, and always have been committed to providing clean and healthy spaces for our clients and staff.
As part of maintaining these high standards, we have created and would like to share our COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan
1. SANITIZATION. We have always been committed to providing our clients and team with a clean and healthy environment. We have further enhanced our cleaning protocols by using a disinfectant that is a virucide and also effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria, and by increasing the frequency of sanitizing high-traffic touchpoints
2. HAND SANITIZERS. Our dealerships are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers for guests and team members to use. Proper techniques for use are also posted.
3. SAFETY COMMUNICATION. Instructions in regards to health and safety are communicated to our team through our internal website, email newsletters and signage. We have safety officers assigned to each dealership who are responsible for ensuring best practices are being followed.
4. ETIQUETTE CHANGE. Our team members have been told to refrain from shaking hands and to maintain a safe distance in accordance to social distancing protocols. Frequent hand washing has also been advised.
5. TEST DRIVES. Our dealerships are offering at-home test drives to respect social distancing protocols. The vehicle is thoroughly cleaned after each use and driver touchpoint areas are sanitized before handing off the vehicle to our client to drive.
6. SERVICE WORK. Client vehicles are fitted with seat and steering wheel covers. Service work is performed by technicians wearing disposable gloves. Client vehicles are thoroughly cleaned and driver touchpoint areas are sanitized before being returned.
7. COURTESY VEHICLES. Our fleet of vehicles is thoroughly cleaned after each use and driver touchpoint areas are sanitized before handing off the vehicle to our client to drive.
8. TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS. We have imposed a team-wide business travel ban. Team members who choose to travel for personal reasons are required to self-isolate for 14 days upon their return.
To help protect yourself and others, we kindly ask that anyone who is feeling sick to refrain from visiting us so that we can ensure a safe and pleasant experience for everyone. The Public Health Agency of Canada is asking Canadians who have recently traveled to limit their contact with others for a period of 14 days. This means to self-isolate and stay at home.
Together we can face this challenging situation. We will continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed. We encourage you to stay up-to-date with public health through the PHAC’s website.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Rand and Ryan Cowell
Cowell Auto Group